- I’m obsessed with Chip and Joanna Gaines.
- I’m probably equally obsessed with Chick-Fil-A
- Cody and I have been dating for 3 and a half years but we knew each other for 3 years before that. He’s my best friend and he’s the best person I know.
- I love fashion but was so scared to get into it. I don’t know about designers or the “rules” of fashion. The fashion industry is intimidating but if you stay true to yourself, it’s a ton of fun.
- I graduated from Texas State University and absolutely loved every second of my time in the amazing small town of San Marcos. If I could go back, I would.
- I cofounded and was Vice President of the Texas State Wakeboard Team. It taught me everything I know about running a business. What started with 8 people turned into a 100 person team.. and a national championship! It also started my love for bikinis!
- Many people don’t know that I work a full time job and run my small business. I work 8-5:30 for a really nice group of serial entrepreneurs I get paid like a basic office admin but I use every penny I have to improve Kay Dauria. I want it to be all it can be and I’m a big believer in you get out what you put in. That’s not just monetarily speaking.
- Alhtough I’m always working, I always make time for Fixer Upper on Tuesday nights- my aunt and I have a routine. We watch the entire show, then replay the reveal, then pause on each room in the house so we can take in all of the design elements!
- My life goal is to live on a piece of land! This has been a goal of mine since I was a kid but it’s really hitting me hard lately. The city is sensation overload and the country has a way of relaxing my mind and making me truly happy. I’m my best self when I’m not in the city.
- I don’t like cokes but I LOVE sweet tea and coffee… so don’t worry I still get plenty of caffeine.
- I went to college by myself and made all new friends. We had the tightest knit group and we did everything together- went to class, went to work, ran errands, went on road trips, and we all lived together. Jarrett, Taylor, Taylor, Jonquil, Jess, Ryan, Shelby. I’m still close to all of them. Even though we don’t talk all the time like we used to, you can’t break those kind of friendships.
- I love my college friends but I’ve had the same two BEST friends since Junior High. We’ve been through the awkward years, the love, the loss and everything together. Valerie and Lesli are my forever best friends. Make new friends but keep the old- these girls will be on the porch in a rocking chair beside me when were in our 90s, no doubt.
- My brothers are my other best friends. Chad is laid back, a good listener, and a great person. Connor is... well the same. They're more alike than they realize.
- I’m an aunt to sweet 4 year old Aiden, Lesli’s son. I talk about him like he’s my own! Cutest little boy alive.
- I love dogs and most of the time, dogs out number people in my house. There’s always dog hair no matter how much I clean.
- Dirtiness and untidiness drives me crazy. I like things neat and organized. It’s really takes some mental strength to not come home and do chores when I know I need to work on Kay Dauria.
- I’ve owned the same family of dogs since I was 7 years old. Oreo (grandma), Harley (dad), and Zoe (daughter).
- You’re not supposed to have favorites when it comes to your dogs, but, Harley wins- he’s the sweetest thing with a huge personality. He’s blind and deaf so we call him Harley Keller. In a very loving way! Don’t get mad.
- I have a second family. The Campos have been our family friends since I was 2 years old and they treat me like their daughter. It’s hard to explain to people but we truly are family closer than blood.
- When I need an escape I love to go the the river house in Sweeny, San Marcos to visit my brother, or Lesli's farm in Anderson. Anywhere small and out of a city. Of course, I’d love to travel more but until I have spending money, this does the trick.
- When I was a child I wanted to be an actress so badly. I still wish I had a TV show. But one where I could be myself and not have to play a role! This is probably part of the reason I love Fixer Upper so much!
- Kay Dauria was my grandmother’s name. She passed away when I was three and I got a guardian angel. She has always been looking out for my well-being so of course I had to name my first company after her.
- My full name is Kayllie Dauria Cooper. I was named after her.
- My mom is the best mom ever. We can argue about that if you want.
- My goal for 25 (yes I do birthday resolutions AND New Year’s resolutions) is to start showing you guys the face behind the brand. I want to share with you my journey in creating Kay Dauria!
If you want more insite to my life, follow me on instagram @kaylliecooper
For now here's a look into my world (keep scrolling for pictures)
^at the Magnolia Silos Baking Co!
^Cody and I now
^Cody and I in college obviously at an 80s party
^the Campos, my second family
^ my brothers, the best guys around
^Aiden on his 4th birthday this year with his uncle Graham!
^Graduating from Texas State University with my group of friends
^ my two BEST friends, Les and Val
^ a typical wakeboard contest: clipboard, mic, and a beer
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: birthday, chick-fil-a, chip and joanna gaines, family, fashion, sweet tea, texas state university, wakeboard